Our educational activities have included graduate and undergraduate student training, and conference, industry, and workshop presentations.
Training and Development:
- During the summer of 2018, Carlos Arroyo, Isabella Garza, Patrick Han, Liewn Jiang, Tianrun Ke, George Shi and Tiger Yang, undergraduate students at Rice University worked closely with the PI’s and graduate students in the Rice Networks Lab designing, developing and testing a wireless THz backhaul related testbed.
- During the summer of 2017, Robby Flechas (REU participant) and Xintong Liu, undergraduate students at Rice University will work closely with the PI’s and graduate students in the Rice Networks Lab designing, developing and testing a wireless THz backhaul related testbed. Over the air experimentation and measurements using the testbed to show the potential of THz wireless backhaul links in enhancing network performance will be performed.
- TFA, Technology For All provides free Internet access to the Milby High School students and the surrounding neighborhood through the TFA-Wireless project with Rice University.
Honors and Awards
- Mohammad M. Assefzadeh (graduated and will start a faculty position at UCF)
- Peiyu Chen (graduated and became an Analog IC Design Engineer at Apple)
- Charles Chen (graduated and became a Senior RF/mm-wave IC Design Engineer at Samsung Electronics)
- Babak Jamali wins IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society (MTT-S) Graduate Fellowship award. January 2018
- Mahdi Assefzadeh wins IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society’s Predoctoral Achievement Award. December 2017
- Himanshu Aggrawal Wins GAAS PhD Student Fellowship at the 2017 European Microwave Integrated Circuit Conference (EuMIC). October 2017
- Professor Babakhani has been promoted to Associate Professor.
- Professor and ECE Chair Knightly receives endowed Sheafor-Lindsay Chair.
- Knightly, Scaling Wi-Fi to High Rate and High Client Density, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy, June 2018. (Invited Presentation)
- Knightly, RENEW: Reconfigurable Eco-system for Next-generation End-to-end Wireless, IEEE INFOCOM 2018, Honolulu, HI, April 2018. (Invited Presentation)
- Knightly, What is the (Right) Road Ahead for mm-Wave Networked Systems Research? mmSys: Millimeter-Wave Networked Systems, Honolulu, HI, April 2018. (Invited Panel)
- Knightly, New Challenges for New Spectrum, Visions for Future Communications Summit, Lisbon, Portugal, October 2017. (Invited Panel)
- A.Babakhani, 4th ACM International Conference on Nanoscale Computing and Communication (ACM NanoCom October 2017). (Invited Presentation)
- A.Babakhani, the 2017 European Microwave Integrated Circuit Conference (EuMIC October 2017). (Invited Presentation)
- co-PI Babakhani, “High-Power THz Pulse Radiation in Silicon” at the 41st International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz. (Invited Keynote)
- PI Knightly, Scaling Wireless for Next Generation Transformative Applications, IEEE INFOCOM 2017, Atlanta,
GA, May 2017. (Invited Keynote)
- PI Knightly, Emerging Wireless Experimental Platforms and Capabilities, Computer and Networking Experimental
Research Using Testbeds (CNERT 2017), Atlanta, GA, May 2017. (Invited Keynote)
- PI Knightly, Scaling Wi-Fi for Next Generation Applications, IEEE/IFIP Wireless Days 2017, Porto, Portugal,
March 2017. (Invited Keynote)
- PI Knightly, Communications and the Internet of Things in Smart Cities, MIT LIDS Smart Urban Infrastructure
Workshop, Cambridge, MA, May 2017. (Invited Panel)
- Yasaman Ghasempour, 2017 ACM MobiHoc at Chennai, India. (Invited Paper Presentation)