Our educational activities have included graduate and undergraduate student training, and conference, industry, and workshop presentations.
Training and Development:
- During the summer of 2017, Robby Flechas (REU participant) and Xintong Liu, undergraduate students at Rice University will work closely with the PI’s and graduate students in the Rice Networks Lab designing, developing and testing a wireless THz backhaul related testbed. Over the air experimentation and measurements using the testbed to show the potential of THz wireless backhaul links in enhancing network performance will be performed.
- TFA, Technology For All provides free Internet access to the Milby High School students and the surrounding neighborhood through the TFA-Wireless project with Rice University.
Honors and Awards
- Professor Babakhani has been promoted to Associate Professor.
Professor and ECE Chair Knightly receives endowed Sheafor-Lindsay Chair.
- co-PI Babakhani, “High-Power THz Pulse Radiation in Silicon” at the 41st International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz. (Invited Keynote)
- PI Knightly, Scaling Wireless for Next Generation Transformative Applications, IEEE INFOCOM 2017, Atlanta,
GA, May 2017. (Invited Keynote)
- PI Knightly, Emerging Wireless Experimental Platforms and Capabilities, Computer and Networking Experimental
Research Using Testbeds (CNERT 2017), Atlanta, GA, May 2017. (Invited Keynote)
- PI Knightly, Scaling Wi-Fi for Next Generation Applications, IEEE/IFIP Wireless Days 2017, Porto, Portugal,
March 2017. (Invited Keynote)
- PI Knightly, Communications and the Internet of Things in Smart Cities, MIT LIDS Smart Urban Infrastructure
Workshop, Cambridge, MA, May 2017. (Invited Panel)
- Yasaman Ghasempour, 2017 ACM MobiHoc at Chennai, India. (Invited Paper Presentation)